SAVE THE DATE!
The 2016 Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference Committee and the Society for Health Systems are pleased to announce dates and location the 2016 Conference!
The conference will be held Feb. 17–19, 2016, at the Hilton-Americas in Houston, Texas!
We will be posting abstract submission information soon!
We hope you enjoyed the 2015 conference and we look forward to seeing you again in 2016!
Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2015!
The Society for Health Systems would like to thank you for attending the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2015! We hope you enjoyed the conference and are returning to work refreshed and energized with new ideas you can immediately put into practice. We hope to see you again in 2016.
Access Conference Proceedings Online
Click here to review the 2015 conference proceedings, including abstracts and presentations, online.
HSPIC photo album
Click here to check out images captured during the 2015 conference.
- Kim Barnas, faculty at ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value, discusses ThedaCare's lean journey in this clip from her keynote address. View her presentation.
- Dr. Chuck Webster, M.D., of EHR Workflow Inc. discusses the roles of process-aware technologies in healthcare in this video his keynote address.
Congratulations to the competition winners
Student Paper Competition, sponsored by Ohio University
- Iakovos Toumazis of the University at Buffalo, SUNY, "Scheduling Palliative Chemotherapy Treatments for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Patients"
- Process Improvement for Healthcare Systems: Some New Tools and Techniques
Robert Shapiro and Robert Weerts, Processanalytica
People's Choice Competition Award Winner
- Improving Patient Experiences in an Outpatient Chemotherapy Infusion Center
Amy Cohn, University of Michigan
Student Simulation Contest, sponsored by FlexSim Software Products Inc.
- First Place: "Badgers" from University of Wisconsin-Madison
Team Leader: Erkin Otles
Team members: Samuel Scmitt, April Soler and Mike Russo
Faculty advisor: Laura McLay
- Second Place: "SJSU Spartan" from San Jose State University
Team Leader: Minh Dang
Team members: Rebecca Mantecon, Park Srivipapattana and Sandeep Kannan
Faculty Advisor: Lou Freund
- Third Place: "True Maroon Engineers" from Mississippi State University
Team leader: Md. Mahmudur Rahman
Team members: Austin Campbell, John Roberson and Ethan Kip Hosea
Faculty Advisor: Lesley Strawderman
SHS Scholarship, sponsored by Parallon Workforce Solutions:
- Mary "Ali" Hobbs, Clemson University
- "The Right Match" featuring Dr. Dorry Segev from Johns Hopkins University and Dr. Sommer Gentry from the U.S. Naval Academy.
- Click here to see other contest videos on the SHS YouTube Contest playlist at IIE's YouTube channel.
Social media contest
- Thursday – Ashley Crofton and Brittany Hagedorn
- Friday – Katie Schwalm
Look back at #SHS2015 on Twitter
- Ashley Crofton (@ARCROFTON): "Signed up to be a YP at #SHS2015 & Made a connection with @amandame1101 (Amanda Mewborn)! Can't wait to stay in touch!"
- Emily Forcke (@Blueyedwonder4u): "Making the leap from identifying a problem to realizing success is possible - engaging stakeholders @SHSinfo #SHS2015"
- Mary Ellen Skeens (@maryellenskeens): "Learning about applications of predictive analytics in healthcare #SHS2015 implications on reducing readmissions"
- Marti Jordan, RN (@MartiLeanRN): "I believe health care is the most complex operating environment there is-James Herford #truedat #SHS2015"
- Ali Freitag (@dancingaligator): "To us Wisconsin folks SHS stands for So Happy for Sunshine! 45° never felt so good. #escapethefrozentundra #SHS2015"
- Charles Webster MD (@wareFLO): "Just a thought: seems to me that bridging chasm to clinician involves bridging chasm btwn process improvement & medical informatics #SHS2015"
- Jim Rawson MD (@Jim_Rawson_MD): "Great opportunity for #shs2015 to train next generation of physicians while students/residents. Quality training is required training."
- Mark Biscone (@MBiscone): "Is it 2016 yet???!? #SHS2015"
Click here to review other #SHS2015 messages and images posted on Twitter throughout the three-day conference.
Check out the conference highlights and continue to follow HSPIC 2015 online!
Stay plugged in to post-conference updates, discussions and comments on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.