GOErgo, the Global Organization of Ergonomics, presents the 18th Annual Applied Ergonomics Conference (AEC)!
GOErgo presents the Applied Ergonomics Conference, where attendees gather from around the world to share best practices with other professionals in ergonomics, healthcare, safety, human resources and risk management. Mark your calendar for March 16-19, 2015, and plan to join us in Nashville, Tenn., and take advantage of the opportunity to improve your ergonomics skills, gain insight and connect with global professionals at this year's conference.
Keynote Speaker William Boyd talks about opportunities for AEC 2015 conference attendees
Click here to watch a video on YouTube featuring an interview with Boyd, where he discusses how AEC 2015 is a prime opportunity for ergonomics practitioners and students can take advantage of this opportunity "to learn and grow from each other."
Just like a shoe that is too large or too small, a prosthetic socket, the portion that attaches to the limb, can cause pinching, sores, blisters and more. In the heat of summer, humidity creates pools of perspiration within the hard plastic casing of current prosthetic design. For some, pain can be felt with every step. Unfortunately, this is an everyday experience among amputees who can afford prosthetic limbs. Read this article featured in the May 2014 issue of Industrial Engineer magazine.
Submit an abstract for Poster Presentation!
You can now submit your Poster Presentation abstract for AEC 2015. The submission deadline is Nov. 7. The Applied Ergonomics Conference offers an excellent opportunity to present the results of your work to a wide, interested and experienced audience.
AEC 2015 promoted at conference in South America
Click here to see photos from the recent ABRAFIT Conference, sponsored by the Occupational Physical Therapy Association in Brazil.
A look back at the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2014
More AEC attendees shared their conference experience on social media in 2014, especially on Twitter. Here are a few of the best tweets about this year's conference:
- Nancy Laurie (@neddy727): "Learned about the BIFMA standard at the Precon #AEC2014 wonder if there is a similar standard for tractor trailer seating. Anyone know?"
- Brian Sherman (@brian_r_sherman): "Great job AEC planners including Green Belt opportunity at #AEC2014"
- Axendia Tweets (@Axendia): "The best benefit is not sitting or standing, but the transition to and from each. Says, Dr. Mark Benden #AEC2014"
- GOErgo (@GOErgoIIE): "[Keynote speaker] Drury: 'The last thing you want when dealing with nerve gas is an error. #AEC2014 #ergonomics'"
- Humantech, Inc. (@humantech): "Get buy-in from cross functional teams and communicate need for change #AEC2014"
AEC 2014 award winners are an elite group. View last year’s list of winners of the Ergo Cup® competition, the Ergo Excellence Awards and the Ergo Quiz Bowl.
Check out a photo album of the 17th Annual Applied Ergonomics Conference.