GOErgo, the Global Organization of Ergonomics, presents the 19th Annual Applied Ergonomics Conference!
The 2016 conference will be held March 21-24, 2016, at Disney's Coronado Springs hotel in Orlando, Florida.
GOErgo supports the Annual Applied Ergonomics Conference and Expo, a conference where attendees gather from around the world to share best practices with other professionals in ergonomics, healthcare, safety, human resources and risk management. GOErgo is a community within IIE, an international, nonprofit association that provides leadership for the application, education, training, research, and development of industrial engineers, human factors/ergonomics professionals, healthcare providers and related professions.
Learn about the conference.
Attend a “behind the scenes” facility tour to see ergonomics in practice. Tours include Kennedy Space Center, Disney Horticulture Operations, and the Orlando VA Medical Center. Sign up early to reserve your spot. For details, please click here.
Miss last year's big event? Check out the AEC 2015 Conference Proceedings
The AEC Conference Proceedings are online at www.xcdsystem.com/appliedergo/proceedings/. Click on "Conference Program" in the top menu, select the day and session in which you'd like to find more information.
View the presentation slides from William Boyd's March 18 keynote presentation.
AEC 2015 video highlights
AEC 2015 photo album
Click here to view images from the Applied Ergonomics Conference in Nashville.
2015 Ergo Cup® Competition winners
The internationally recognized Ergo Cup® competition, sponsored by the Ergonomics Center of North Carolina and Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University and presented by IIE, provides an exciting opportunity for companies to highlight their successful ergonomics solutions. The general theme across all Ergo Cup® categories is innovation.
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Ergonomics Program Improvement Initiatives winner is Toyota TMMK, Georgetown, Ky. - "Hand Dominance Program: Breaking Old Habits."
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Workplace Solutions I - Team-Driven Workplace Solutions winner is Gulfstream Aerospace, Savannah, Ga. - "360° Clean."
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Workplace Solutions I - Team-Driven Workplace Solutions (with Internal Competitions) winner is Manchester Tank and Equipment, Quincy, Ill. - "User-Friendly Threadless Coupling Vessel Hanger." Watch this video of a brief demonstration from the AEC 2015 Exhibit Hall.
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Workplace Solutions II - Engineering/Ergonomist-Driven Workplace Solutions winner is General Dynamics Land Systems, Tallahassee, Fla. - "The 'Talla-Twister' for Heavy Gauge Wire Braiding."
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Workplace Solutions II - Engineering/Ergonomist-Driven Workplace Solutions (with Internal Competitions) winner is Cummins Inc., Jamestown, N.Y. – "The Knight Knuckle."