SUSTAINABILITY: Utilizing Lean Six Sigma Techniques
By Tina Agustiady and Adedeji B. Badiru
Although most agree that lean Six Sigma is here to stay, they also agree that learning how to sustain the results seems problematic at best and unattainable at worst. Reverting to the old way of doing things is inevitable if sustainability measures are not a part of the methodology. Currently there is no standard resource on how to be sustainable or on using statistical techniques and practices. Until now. Sustainability: Utilizing Lean Six Sigma Techniques not only examines how to use particular lean Six Sigma tools, but how to sustain results that make companies profitable with continuous improvement.
The book demonstrates how to use the Six Sigma methodology to make process-focused decisions that will achieve the goals of sustainability and allow organizations to gain true benefits from process improvements. It covers sustainability and metrics, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma tools, sustainability project management, sustainability modeling, sustainable manufacturing and operations, decision making, and sustainability logistics. These tools help sustain results while keeping organizations competitive regardless of economic conditions.
While continuous improvement techniques look good on paper, the implementation of the techniques can become difficult and challenging to maintain. Without utilizing lean Six Sigma tools and leading the change, companies will become less and less marketable and profitable. This book supplies a blueprint for achieving sustainable results from high-quality improvements and making organizations competitive and first in class in their marketplace.
- Presents the application of Six Sigma methodology as a viable path for achieving the goals of sustainability
- Defines and discusses the different areas of sustainability
- Addresses the multitude of issues and factors associated with sustainability with a systems view
- Covers reducing waste and defects with Kaizen and 5s processes
- Discusses the importance of engagement and education in the workforce
- Details how Six Sigma produces data driven results through management support of the initiatives
Purchase the book: http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466514249