APL Logistics designs and operates smart, globally-integrated supply chains. Their global network spans more than 70 countries, encompasses 200+ logistics facilities, and is made up of a team of 5,800 logistics professionals. Tying it all together is a suite of innovative IT solutions which offers customers maximum supply chain visibility and control.
APL Logistics engages in responsible environmental stewardship and recognizes that this is in the best interests of the organization, its employees and customers. High value is placed on encouraging staff to operate in an environmentally responsible manner, and the company has developed programs to help customers be more sustainable through initiatives, such as:
- Optimizing shipment routes and the overall logistics network to reduce our customers' carbon footprints.
- Modal conversion opportunities to utilize greener transport modes such as sea compared to air, and rail as opposed to road.
- Partnering with carriers that practice environmentally friendly fleet operations.
- Developing analytical tools such as carbon calculators and dashboards that help customers quantify the benefits of sustainability efforts.
- Reducing energy consumption and general waste throughout our operations.
- Recycling of packaging materials.