Third annual SHS Student simulation competition
Enter this exciting student simulation competition at the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2017!
The competition is sponsored by FlexSim Software Products Inc.
Teams of a maximum of four ISE students solve a "real-world" healthcare situational case study using FlexSim's simulation software. This case study is prepared by FlexSim. Student team members and their faculty advisor are not required to be members of IISE or SHS to enter the competition, but they will become SHS members, for one year, if they are one of the three teams selected to compete at the finals courtesy of FlexSim. The finalists must be able to attend the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference, March 1-3, 2017 in Orlando, Fla.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Teams consists of a maximum of four students, plus an advisor. Teams can have no more than two graduate students.
- FlexSim will provide software and software licenses to all students who are interested in participating.
- They are given approximately nine weeks to develop their solutions.
- Three finalist teams are selected to present their solutions for final judging at the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference.
- Each of the three finalist teams will receive $1,250 U.S. for travel expenses to the finals, plus complimentary conference registration, cash awards and a framed certificate.
- Winners will be announced at the conference.
- Deadline: Entry forms are due no later than Sept. 30.
- Case study will be sent to the teams the first week of October.
- Deadline: Student teams must submit their solutions to FlexSim no later than Dec. 19.
- The three finalist teams will be notified Jan. 13, 2017.
Additional cash prizes are also awarded to competitors based on their finishing position:
- First place: $2,500 U.S. to the team
- Second place: $1,500 U.S. to the team
- Third place: $1,000 U.S. to the team
Information for instructions and dates for a tutorial using the FlexSim software will be in the information package that will be sent the first week of October.
Submit one online entry form per team with payment information for the $30 U.S. entry fee. This fee is nonrefundable. If paying by check, send completed entry form and payment to:
Attn: Bonnie Cameron
3577 Parkway Lane
Norcross, GA 30092
Questions? Contact Bonnie Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 449-0461, ext. 105.
1st place: Geaux FlexSim
Louisiana State University
Team members: Justin Neilson, Michael Toler and Dana Scalf
Faculty advisor: Hyun Woo Jeon
2nd place: Forerunners
West Virginia University
Team members: Alireza Ebrahimvandi and Mahsa Kiani
Faculty advisor:Kenneth Currie
3rd place: True Maroon Engineers
Mississippi State University
Team members: Shuchisnigdha Deb, Mahmudur Rahman, Jack Francis and Rachel Creely
Faculty advisor: Lesley Strawderman