#SHS2013 Social Media Tips
Whether you're attending the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2013 or catching the highlights on the Web at home or work, we encourage you to share your thoughts about the conference, comment on speakers and sessions, and bring the topics you discuss during the conference to the online social media community. This is a great opportunity to learn from others outside of the session rooms and to network with fellow professionals within the industry.
We encourage you to take time to share your content on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn as well as other social media sites you regularly visit online. The content you post - whether it's simply tweets or short posts, photos, and/or video content - will be shared throughout the Society for Health Systems social network and may also appear on the SHS website or in an upcoming issue of Industrial Engineer magazine.
Here are a few suggestions* to be aware of as you participate in social media activity tied to this weekend's conference:
- Tweets about this year's conference should be tagged with #SHS2013, so include the tag in your tweets.
- You have 140 characters to write with per tweet (including links and tags), so do your best to describe your experience in a single post. But feel free to tweet as often as you like throughout the conference.
- If you'd like for SHS to consider retweeting your post, then tag them directly by including @SHSinfo anywhere in the tweet (not necessary to include "please retweet" or "please RT" in the post).
- Click here to find SHS on Twitter.
- Post comments, photos and video on the SHS fan page.
- Tag yourself, fellow attendees and the Society for Health Systems in any conference-related posts.
- Click here to find SHS on Facebook.
- LinkedIn does not have a photo or video display, but there are plenty of SHS group members eager to share and discuss the conference.
- Like and comment on posts by other conference attendees.
- Continue your session conversations on LinkedIn during and after the conference weekend.
- Click here to find SHS on LinkedIn
SHS is also looking for attendees who may be interested in blogging about their experience for its blog site (http://shsblog.org)! If you're interested in writing about your conference experience after it ends, then please email email@example.com with "Blog about SHS2013" in the subject line for details.
We hope you are able to capture the best highlights of your conference experience with your iPhone, Android, or other smart devices to share with SHS and the online healthcare community. We look forward to seeing this annual event through your eyes!
*SHS will have the right to omit or delete any social media content that it finds may be objectionable to the community.