Enhance your trip to Orlando and build on your ergonomics knowledge with THIS EXCITING LEAN GREEN BELT COURSE!
This course provides you an in-depth understanding of lean enterprise principles and how to apply them within your organization. Your lean journey begins with a series of interactive simulations that demonstrate how each lean concept is applied and its impact on the process. Mapping the process flow and identifying the activities that add value from the customer's perspective is the cornerstone of this class. The class is then given a scenario, and the students simulate the conversion from traditional to lean in a practical hands-on environment. The course also provides a structure for how to manage a lean process for continuous improvement. Participants will learn how to structure their organizations to support and continuously improve a lean process. Participants will also fully understand how to implement 5S within their plants and how to begin reducing setup time using the SMED process.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and improve a lean process
- Implement 5S to develop a safe, clean working environment
- Map the process flow and identify activities that add value
- Reduce setup time using the SMED process
- Flow: Establishing one-piece flow across the value-adding activities
- Point-of-Use: Using workplace organization and equipment setup reduction techniques to enable flow by having all equipment and materials readily accessible
- Pull: Providing a method for continuously replenishing materials as they are consumed by customer demand
- Built-in Quality: Continuously improving each step of the production process to eliminate variation and to pursue the goal of perfect product and process quality
- Build to Demand: Learn to produce only to actual customer demand
The course (1.85 CEUs) will be held all day March 16 (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) with half-day sessions on March 17-19 (8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.) so that you can attend the afternoon AEC sessions March 17-19 and the luncheon on March 19.
Receive a discount for registering for this training course and AEC 2015.