Thank you for your interest in GOErgo's webinars. These free one-hour presentations by knowledgeable professionals and experienced volunteers provide deeper insight into topics and issues involving industrial engineers, human factors/ergonomics professionals, healthcare providers and related professions.
Most ergonomics programs focus on the analytical processes needed to conduct job evaluations, implement solutions, and prioritize and find budgets to fund ergo projects. What most people are not taught are the hidden strategies that make these initiatives move more smoothly.
Smart Messaging on IIE's Social Media Network
Presented by Institute of Industrial Engineers - OPEN TO ALL
Aug. 4 | 2 p.m. Eastern time
Presenter: David Brandt, Web managing editor, Institute of Industrial Engineers
In this webinar, David Brandt will provide tips for best practices in social media sharing on IIE's social network and beyond. He'll help attendees leverage their personal and IIE-related social media brands to become the best resources on the Web for educating and informing others about IIE and the IE profession. He'll also answer questions about what IIE subgroups can do to increase the frequency of their social media sharing as well as the diversity of its shared content.
More information and registration
View material from previous webinars:
- Closing the Gap: Where to Find and Access New Ergonomics Research
Presented June 23
Presenter: Gary Allread, Ph.D., program director, Ohio State's Institute for Ergonomics
- Introducing Ergonomics to the Product Design Process Using Six Sigma
Presented May 14
Presenter: Chris Shieldsmith, corporate ergonomics specialist, Cummins Inc.
- Ergonomics in Risk Selection and Customer Service
Presented April 2
Presenter: William Boyd, senior vice president, risk control, CNA
- Getting Ready for OSHA Ergo Investigation
Presented March 5
Presenter: Gary Orr, P.E., C.P.E., ergonomist/human factors engineer, OSHA
- Leadership in Ergonomics: Overcoming the Hurdles of an Ergonomics Program
Presented Feb. 12
Presenters: Davana Pilczuk and Kevin Barefield, Gulfstream Aerospace
- See, Solve, Share and GoGreen: Four Concepts to Create a Powerful Participatory Ergonomics Culture
Presented Jan. 15
Presenter: Ben Zavitz, corporate ergonomist, General Dynamics Bath Iron Works Shipyard
- Cost Justification and ROI of Ergonomics Progam and Improvements
Presented Nov. 20
Presenters:Rick Goggins, C.P.E., Washington State Department of Labor and Industries, and James Mallon, C.P.E., Humantech Inc.
- Ergonomics and the Changing Workforce
Presented Oct. 30
Presenter: Stephen D. Hudock, Ph.D., CSP, NIOSH
- In Ergonomics, The Whole Person Matters
Presented Oct. 16
Presenter: Colin G. Drury, Ph.D., professor emeritus, University at Buffalo, SUNY
- How to Submit a Winning Ergo Cup Entry
Presented Sept. 11
Presenters: Monica Matlis, CPE, vice president, ergonomics practices, Axendia and Wayne Maynard, CSP, CPE, manager, Liberty Mutual Research Institute
- How to Effectively Submit an Abstract
Presented Aug. 28
Presenters: Julia Abate, senior ergonomic specialist, SAS, and Mark E. Benden, Ph.D., C.P.E., associate professor, Texas A&M Ergonomics Center
- Flexible Workforce
Presented July 17
Presenters: James Galante, director, business development, Southworth Products Corp andAdam Pickens, Ph.D., MPH, assistant professor, environmental and occupational health, Texas A&M University
- Will Sitting Kill Us? If So, What Can We Do? If Not, Why All the Hype?
Presented Feb. 13
Presenters: Peter Budnick, Ph.D., C.P.E., chief executive officer, ErgoWeb®
- Addressing Ergonomics in Disabilities and in Design
Presented Jan. 9
Presenters: Laura Lapidus, risk control consulting director at CNA, and Josh Kerst, vice president and ergonomics engineer at Humantech
- Making the Case for Ergonomics and Where It Stands in Mobile Technology
Presented Nov. 14
Presenters: Rick Goggins, ergonomist for the Washington State Department of Labor, and Jack Dennerlein, professor in the Bouvé College of Health Sciences at Northeastern University and adjunct professor of ergonomics and safety at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Overcoming Ergonomics Challenges in Obesity and Material Handling
Presented Oct. 10
Presenters: Ted Borgstadt, CEO of TrestleTree, and Jim Galante, chairman of the EASE Council
- Applied Ergonomics Conference: The Ergo Cup® Competition
Presented Sept. 12
Presenters: Karl Siegfried, MEMIC,and Wayne Maynard, Liberty Mutual
- How to Submit a Great Abstract to the Applied Ergonomics Conference!
Presented Aug. 13
Presenters: Julia Abate, C.P.E., SAS and Deepesh Desai, C.P.E., Humantech
Click here to view full webinar archive.