The IIE Transactions Award
Recognizes the best paper published in each of the focused issues of IIE Transactions and the best applications paper published in each of the focused issues of IIE Transactions.
- At least one author of the winning paper must an an IISE member at the time the award is given.
- Members of the IISE Board of Trustees and Honors Steering Committee are ineligible.
- The paper must have been published in IIE Transactions after June 30 of the year preceding the year of nomination, and before July 1 of the year of nomination. All papers published in IIE Transactions will be automatically considered.
- Winners are expected to present their papers at the Industrial & Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC) during the IISE Annual Conference & Expo.
- Each winning paper must be recognized as significant to the profession either by application of industrial engineering theory and practice, or the development of new industrial engineering theory or practice.
All papers published in all issues of IIE Transactions are automatically considered in each award area.
- The senior vice president for publications is responsible for the judging process.
- All awardees will be automatically considered for the Outstanding IIE Publication Award.