The Graduate Research Award
Promotes excellence in master’s-level research.
- IISE members who are candidates for a master's degree in the field of industrial engineering. Students at universities that allow individual engineering design projects in lieu of a thesis may enter the final design project report as a thesis. Each university chapter can submit one thesis from their chapter.
- The candidate's university must have accepted the thesis in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a master's degree in the field of industrial engineering.
- The thesis must have been accepted within the preceding year (July 1 through June 30) prior to the award nomination deadline.
- Three awards can be given each year.
- The award will be judged on excellence in research and presentation of the results.
- The student may have graduated by the time of the award presentation. The only criterion in this regard is that the candidate must have been a graduate student and a member of IISE during the time the research and preparation of the thesis was in process, and when the thesis was accepted.
- Complete and return the nomination form.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from nominee’s faculty advisor.
- Obtain a signature from the nominee’s department head or thesis advisor certifying that the award criteria have been met.
A committee for judging the award will be appointed by the Head of CIEADH (Council of Industrial Engineering Academic Department Heads). A two-step process will be followed:
- The abstracts will first be used in selecting the three finalists. These copies will be returned upon request.
- The final decision of the judges will be based on their review of the entire thesis.