Student Case Competition in Logistics and Supply Chain (LSC)
The Logistics and Supply Chain Division of IIE invites nominations for the first Student Case Competition. Any team of undergraduate and/or graduate students with three to four members can attend the competition to showcase their problem solving capability and analytical skills on a related LSC case. The winning teams (first, second and third places) of the competition will be recognized at the LSC Town Hall Meeting to be held at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo May 31 - June 3 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Open to undergraduate and graduates students to compete and showcase their problem solving capability and analytical skills on a related logistics and supply chain case. The eligibility criteria are listed as follows:
- Teams must consist of 3 or 4 student members of IIE
- Team members should be from the same institute (but can be enrolled in different disciplines)
- There is no limit on the number of teams competing from the same institute
- The teams must demonstrate innovative use of logistics and supply chain concepts in the analysis of the case
The teams can be nominated by a faculty advisor or self-nominated. The following documents will be required from each attending team:
- One page contact information including the names, email addresses, university name and department information for all of the members of the team highlighting the contact person for the team
- One page summary of the case study
- A presentation that effectively summarizes the case analysis (25 slides max.)
- Any relevant supporting materials such as narratives, detailed calculations, detailed tables, design drawings, endorsements, etc. (none of these are considered required)
Click for the Case Description | Case Data
The application is due by midnight Eastern time on Friday, Feb. 21 and all of the application documents must be emailed to Dincer Konur at firstname.lastname@example.org by the contact person of the team before the due date for full consideration. There is no application fee.
The winner will notified by March 7.