Student case competition in Logistics and supply chain (lsc)
The Logistics and Supply Chain Division of IIE invites nominations for the Student Case Competition. Any team with three to four student members can attend the competition to showcase their problem solving capability and analytical skills on a related LSC case. The winning teams, first, second and third places, of the competition will be recognized at the LSC Town Hall Meeting to be held at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo in Anaheim, Calif. May 21-24, 2016.
Open to undergraduate and graduates students to compete and showcase their problem solving capability and analytical skills on a related logistics and supply chain case. The eligibility criteria are listed as follows:
- Teams must consist of three or four members of IIE.
- Team members should be from the same institute (but can be enrolled in different disciplines).
- There is no limit on the number of teams competing from the same institute.
- The teams must demonstrate innovative use of logistics and supply chain concepts in the analysis of the case.
The teams can be nominated by a faculty advisor or self-nominated. The following documents will be required from each attending team:
- One page contact information including the names, email addresses, university name and department information for all of the members of the team highlighting the contact person for the team.
Each team will have to create an account in order to access a web-enable case study. After the simulation is over, each student team would turn in a 4-page “memo” describing their actions during the game and presenting an analysis either justifying their actions or arguing that some other set of actions would have done even better. The ranking criterion is based on the final score (profit) in the simulation game.
The application is due by midnight on March 1 (CST) and all of the application documents must be emailed, as a single PDF, to Krystel Castillo at Krystel.Castillo@utsa.edu by the contact person of the team before the due date for full consideration. There is no application fee.
The winner will notified by April 4, 2016.
Ying Zhang, Leandra Church and Jinglu Song
University of Tennessee