Academic resources available
Are you an academic member of the Lean Division? Do you teach Lean-related coursework?
The IIE Lean Division is proud to provide academic resources to help folks in the academia with resources. How can you avail the resources? Just send an email to Division President Aman Sapra or to Division Outreach Director Larry Clements to learn more!
Some of the offerings from the division include:
- Use previously recorded webinars as part of class learning tools – Lean Division and IIE can make webinars available for a semester for class projects and to enrich student learning experiences. Contact Aman Sapra for help.
- Lean Teaching Award – Did you teach a course related to lean concepts recently? Nominate yourself to the Lean Teaching Award – the award that recognizes excellence in teaching lean concepts. The submission evaluates coursework by previous year winners and includes prize money for $1,000 honorium! Contact Dr. Rupy Sawhney (winner for 2013 and chair for 2014) for details.
- Looking to publish lean-engineering research? Connect to see when the next special journal focused on lean related concepts is planned for.
- Working with graduate and undergraduate students on research and looking for a paper publication? Encourage student to apply for the Lean Paper Competition – the award that honors outstanding papers in the field of lean research and practices. Contact Dr. Ahad Ali – award committee chair for additional details.
- Students interested in lean-focused career assistance and not sure where to send them? Have them contact the lean division director for student activities Mike Testani to see how the lean division can help with resume review and interview preparation help!
- Consider presenting at the Annual Conference under the Lean Systems track or at the Engineering Lean Six Sigma Conference!
- Need any other assistance – including networking with like-minded faculty working on “Lean of the Future”? Have any additional support needs in the lean engineering domain – connect with the division leadership to see how we can support you.
The Lean Division has plenty of resources to offer and the division leadership would love to see you participate in its activities. If you would like to volunteer with the division, then please send an email to Aman Sapra and explore ways to help the division!