Your Daily Guide to IIE Annual Events: Day One
Welcome to beautiful San Juan and the 2013 IIE Annual Conference & Expo, the largest industrial and systems engineering event of the year.
During the conference, you’ll receive daily emails of schedule highlights and important information. Click here to see the full on-site schedule for program descriptions, or browse ISERC and Applied Solutions sessions on your smartphone.
All conference events will be held at the Caribe Hilton: 1 San Geronimo Street, San Juan, PR 00901. The registration desk will be in the San Geronimo Ballroom Foyer.
Saturday, May 18
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Doctoral Colloquium | Flamingo AB
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | New Faculty Colloquium | Flamingo CD
- 3 – 6:30 p.m. | Registration Open | San Geronimo Ballroom Foyer
- 6 – 7:30 p.m. | Networking Reception—Courtesy of Sponsoring Universities | The Beach
Meet colleagues and future bosses or employees at Saturday’s networking reception, made possible by the Sponsoring Universities. We thank them for their continued support and this wonderful opportunity to network and socialize. This event is open to all conference attendees.
Day Two Schedule … More great events on Sunday
- 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. | Registration Open | San Geronimo Ballroom Foyer
- 7:15 – 7:45 a.m. | First-Time Attendee Orientation | Auditorium
- 8 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. | ISERC Concurrent Sessions | Various, see on-site schedule at-a-glance for specific rooms
- 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. | Keynote Presentation: S. David Wu, Lehigh University | San Geronimo Ballroom
- 5 – 6:30 p.m. | Student Networking Mixer, sponsored by The Hershey Company | Las Olas
- 6:15 – 8 p.m. | Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall | San Cristobal Foyer
Stop by the registration desk and grab one of the few remaining seats in the pre-conference workshops on Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or from 8 a.m. to noon. These popular events combine learning and networking and add great value to your conference experience.
Follow all of the conference action online!
Follow IIE on Twitter (@IIEnet or #IIEAnnual), Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn for event announcements and schedule updates. Post your conference discussions and comments on Twitter (#IIEAnnual) and interact with fellow attendees during sessions and events.